What have we learned?
We have learned to optimise the old product matrix:
We used Excel-matrix with detailed description of products during the first launch.
The name, description, SQ, volume, price and other important information are indicated in the tables.
Some products, that were categorised («for women», «from 2000 to 4000 rubles»), have had individual tables with a several hundred lines.
All documents have been manually edited.
Our team in cooperation with Django’s admin developed web-interface to simplify the work.
The matrix was «fed» to computer model, that began independently update the products data. We just needed to note the product’s category.
Although the customer didn’t use our service, in the next project for Karher company it worked perfectly.